Lists. I love them. I am one of these old school kind of girls that whilst embracing an iPhone with all its wonderful features…still carries a journal/diary with plenty of room for lists. I think it is also a way of me feeling like I have things to do. I have to open up my journal and cross each item off. If I do not write these things down there is no guarantee they will happen.
Here is an extract of my list over the last few weeks:
- Apply for Paid Parental Leave – this stayed on for quite a while as the website was such a ball ache.
- Get Jenson into Painting Club from April – same time as I can do Pilates
- Ring Kindy and find out where he is on the list – its long
- Pay for more swimming lessons – handing him over to an instructor is getting easier every time!
- Buy birthday cards on moonpig.com for next 2 months – yes, thoughtful and not forgetful
- Write article for 2 magazines – this was left over from my work to-dos
- Design and work on motherhood blog – this has been on the cards for a while
- Get hair done before Mid Feb – before hibernating with roots
- Dentist check up – ending my incredibly expensive affair with my dentist
- Check out local Gym program for May onwards
- Sort out wardrobes – horrible horrible job.
- Check fixed rate on mortgage – yes! We did choose 3 years!
- Arrange Spa trip for Mum and me for my birthday – Tick!
Now as you can see there are a number of essential as well as perhaps non-essential things on there. I cannot tell you how many times I have walked into the hardware store without my list and not remembered what to buy. Or into my local supermarket and totally forgotten what I had planned for dinner that night.
So I will not subscribe to baby brain – with my old school lists in hand I can appear to be as organised as the next person – the only difference is I do not know how to put these things into my iPhone…so don’t try to show me either!